Home siding plays prominent role in creating complete impression of your home. Despite the fact least attention is paid on it in comparison to other parts of the home—bathroom or kitchen. It is one of the well spotted sections of the home.
Here below we highlight some of the facts about siding and trust me, you will find it interesting:
- According to sources, there are more than 15 types of siding available in the construction market of the US.
- Other siding options are: wood, stone, imitation brick or stone-asphalt siding, insulated, metal, masonry and many more.
- Vinyl is much preferred siding option in the US.
- The best feature of vinyl siding is that it serves the purpose for long time. Some of its manufacturers offer lifelong warranty.
- Thickness is important aspect of siding. The market of vinyl siding offers thickness ranges from 0.035 to 0.055 inches. Some of the renowned suppliers of the product deal between 0.040 to 0.048 inches thickness.
- Most of the quality vinyl siding manufacturers meet the standard set by American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM).
- Recommended vinyl siding can withstand winds at 110m/h.
- It (vinyl siding) is preferred over wooden because it (wooden) is not as durable as vinyl and can be easily damaged over the course of time. Moreover, wooden siding is far more expensive than aluminum and vinyl.
- One of the features of aluminum siding is that it does not rust. It can be painted with the color of your choice.
- Major proportion of aluminum siding is made up of recycled material—80 per cent. Moreover, it can recycled 100 per cent after serving its purpose.
- Normally, pressure wash is one of the best options to get your siding clean. Professionals simply use water in this case. Power wash, on the other hand, is another method of cleaning siding by using the force of hot water. It is bit scientific.
- Experts suggest that the right time to commit home siding is fall and winter.
- Steel is another siding option. It is heavier than aluminum. According to experts, steel aluminum lasts for more than two decades but it is costly to install in comparison to aluminum as it requires many labor forces.
- Pressure wash is more than enough to get steel siding clean.
- Despite the benefit steel siding has one major demerit, it rusts.
- Like aluminum, steel siding is also made up of recycled material. It uses 25 per cent of such material but is 100 per cent recycled.
- Dry rot that is not visible to naked eyes is one of the biggest disadvantages of wooden siding.
After going through aforementioned information you can choose the right siding options for your home. Always weigh one over other considering its merits and demerits and select the siding that best serves your purpose matching the look of your dream home.
We hope the blog will help you to sort out your confusion to some extent. If not, call us and get professional advice. We are always at your service.