Doors and windows are one of the most used things in our house. We regularly open and close them. And the thing that is mostly used has the great chance of damage and breakage. Sometimes, when we are eating or with something in our hand, we directly touch our doors and windows that eventually put stains on those doors or windows which look unhealthy and bad.
In case of breakage of those doors and windows we might feel unsafe because these are also the things that we use for our safety and even for some long hours if our doors or windows are taken out or get damaged, we feel that theft of our things can happen. So, regular maintenance of those doors and windows is a must to keep them durable and also to save us from buying new ones. It is so simple to maintain doors and windows if you follow the following steps.
Cleaning for doors and windows is a must to make it stainless. We must clean doors and windows with clean dry piece of cloth for windows and metal because wet cloth can damage wooden doors and windows and keeping metal doors and windows can get rust. If it gets wet too, you must again wipe them with dry cloth. This way your doors and windows will get clean and no harm will be done. For cleaning you can use various types of things such as:
Homemade Multi-Purpose Cleaner:
- teaspoon baking soda
- a dab of liquid soap
- 4 cups hot tap water
Combine these ingredients in a spray bottle. Mix thoroughly.
Homemade Glass Cleaner:
1) 1 teaspoon liquid detergent
- 6 Tablespoons of plain white vinegar
- 4 cups of water
Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle.
Homemade Brass Cleaner:
You can easily clean and scour brass (and copper) with this homemade natural product. Simply grab a clean plastic container and mix:
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of salt
Dab on with a sponge and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Any grime and tarnish will wipe right off.
Timber doors helps to add natural beauty to home but these doors are more prone to damage if not handled well. Following ideas must be applied for its smooth functioning and keeping it beautiful:
- Varnished external doors must be re-coated once a year as sunlight can break those varnishes.
- Door handles, hinges and locks must be cleaned and wiped well and lubricants must be used for their better working.
- Painted doors must be re-coated every 1 to 2 years so that its color might have got drawn out minimizing its beauty.
- Gathered dirt must be cleaned out so that the windows can dismantle the shape and it might not get properly closed, and airborne impurities must be cleaned on aluminum surfaces for maintaining its durability.
- To make sure your window tracks works smoothly, you can use a brush or vacuum to make them free from sand, dust and flies that find their way in – this will help to avoid damaging their roller wheels.
I hope this information was helpful for you. If you have any queries or additional information, please share with us in the comments below.